What Do I Need to Qualify?|
How Do I Get an Appointment?|
What Do I Need if I Receive an Appointment?|
How Do I Get There?|
What Should I Do if the Appointments Are Full?|
What Shared Bread can do to help:
- We help with a small amount toward your Utilities, Rent, or Water bill.
- We can only help once in twelve months.
- Our appointments are usually held on Wednesdays.
- You must live within the Kent School District boundaries.
This may include some people in Renton and Covington, whose children attend or will attend Kent Schools.
You don’t have to have children attending school—but live in an area where, if you had children, they would be attending KSD schools.
If you aren't sure if you are in the Kent School District, go to the Kent School District website by clicking here then enter your address.
- You must have a shut-off or urgent notice if you need help with utilities--power bills or water bills.
You must have an eviction or 3-day vacate notice if you need help with rent.
- You can not have been helped by us in the last 12 months.
- You must call the church office at 253-852-3900 on Monday* mornings at 9:00am and set up an appointment.
(*the exception to this is national holidays that fall on Mondays. In that case you must call on Tuesday morning.)
- We only do 8 appointments a week. These appointments fill up very quickly so it is important to call at 9:00am and be persistent in order to receive an appointment. The phone lines will be busy and, if you wait even a half an hour, it is unlikely that you will receive an appointment.
- Bring your eviction, 3-day, or utilities notice and picture ID.
- Bring along your apartment address and a contact phone number for the apartment manager if you need help with your rent.
- You must call and cancel if you are unable to come. If you do not come, it means someone who needed help is not going to get it.
If you do not come, and don’t cancel, it counts as your once-a-year visit and we won’t be able to help you for another 12 months.
We are located on 248th, just east of Benson Road, on East Hill in Kent.
Our address is:
11010 248th St. SE
Kent, WA 98030
For a map of our location, click here
- If you don’t get an appointment this week, please call back on Monday morning at 9:00am and try again.
Click here to go to the Crisis Clinic website or call 211
- Click here for a print out of other South King County assistance programs
- Click here for a print out of other Kent Area assistance programs